When uploading files and images in the content editor using CKFinder, it only allows certain file extensions to be uploaded. They are:
Files: aac, ac3, ai, aiff, amr, au, avi, csv, dat, dbf, doc, docx, epub, flac, gfs, gml, ico, json, kml, m4a, mid, mka, mkv, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, odp, ods, odt, ogg, otf, pdf, ppt, pptx, ra, rar, shp, svg, tar, tiff, ttf, txt, wav, webm, webp, wma, wmv, xls, xlsx, xml, xsd, zip
Images: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Note that we only allow image file types to be uploaded into the Images folder.
As of 12/5/18, we no longer support these file types: 7z, asf, fla, flv, gz, gzip, htm, html, mpc, mpeg, pxd, qt, ram, rm, rmi, rmvb, rtf, sdc, sitd, swf, sxc, sxw, tgz, tif, vsd
If you need to upload and link to a file with an extension not on the list above, you will need to do so in the Documents/Images tab. This only applies to Chameleon users. New CMS users can upload the file types above.
- In the side menu click Team Admin > Documents/Images.
- Click Add New.
- Click Browse or Choose File.
- Locate the file you want and double click it.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for up to 10 additional files.
- Click Upload NOW.
- When it returns to the list of files, right click the desired file name in the Full URL column and select Copy Link Location or Copy Shortcut.
- Go to the page where you want to link to the file.
- Click the Edit link in the upper right
- Put the cursor where you want the link to appear. We recommend you type/highlight a phrase to which you will link the file, such as Download meet schedule.
- Click the Link button.
- Paste the URL you copied in step 7 into the URL field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Changes.