Admin Level - Superuser
SwimOffice lets you directly connect with USA Swimming's SWIMS database to verify member information and submit registrations. This article covers the first process, which is the most important step you can take so that you can choose which data is accurate—yours or USA Swimming's—and thus make the data match in both. See our Compare Member Information best practices for more reasons why.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin > USA Swimming Registration tab.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > USA Swimming Registration.
- To see athletes who need to be verified,
- Click Customize Columns.
- In the left column, click USAS Connected, then drag and drop that column that's on the right to where you want it.
- Click Done.
- To filter which athletes you select,
- Click Customize Filters.
- In the left column, click USAS Connected.
- Click Not Connected on the right.
- Click Done.
- Select one, many, or all athletes with the checkboxes.
- Click USA SWIMS Integration > Compare Member Information.
- If you see a dialog with a Vendor Code field at the bottom, you will need to first to log into your team USAS account and authorize TeamUnify as the vendor for your team (start at step 5 in that article). If the process was successful, click USA SWIMS Integration > Compare Member Information again.
- You will see a list of your selected athletes. Click Verify Member Information.
- Note: In the following screens, if you click the red X it will abort the process and you will need to start over, which, in some cases, you will need to do to make corrections. Otherwise, if you have a small screen you may need to scroll down to see the Next or Finish button.
- If any athletes are missing data, they will be listed. For missing IDs, you can check the box by their name and click Build ID For Selected Members to fix it.
As of this writing, you can generally ignore all the others if it doesn't specify what data is missing (this will be fixed in a future release).
- From here, you can either click Cancel to abort the process and fix any other missing data, or click Next to go on anyway.
- Then you may see a list of those athletes whose data is missing from or does match that in SWIMS for the reasons listed on the screen. If you know they've previously been registered, it's likely because their name or ID doesn't exactly match in both systems (see our best practices for how to handle). Click Next.
- After this, athletes without any issues are listed, if any. Click Next.
- Then you will see athletes whose data does not match USAS's but for which you can make a choice.
- See our list of best practices for handling these discrepancies.
- Select those and their fields whose data you want to override USAS's data and click Keep Current Version. Those rows will turn green.
- Next select the opposite list of fields and click Accept USAS Version. Those rows will turn blue and the member's data will be updated with the USAS information.
- Click Finish.
See the first article below to submit your athletes to USA Swimming for registration.