Email Groups are useful when you want to name a group of people so you can email them all at once, rather than needing to select their names one by one. This is useful for things like coaches, carpool members, etc. where there are no filters available to select them.
You do NOT want to use them for things like Roster Groups because they are not dynamic; i.e., if you create a Silver Roster email group and a parent's kids are no longer in that group, the parent will continue to be in that email group forever until you remove them from it. Instead, select from Billing Groups in OPTION 1 or Roster Groups/Locations in OPTION 2 when emailing from the E-Mail Center.
- Go to the Email Center.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > E-Mail Center.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > Email Center.
- Click the E-Mail Groups tab.
- Click the Add New button or click the name of an existing E-Mail Group to edit it.
- From here you can name and select the members of the Group. This is done by clicking on the names and using the Add and Remove buttons.
- Click Save Changes.