SwimOffice Admin - Webmaster
To add a News entry/item,
- Go to the News tab.
- Click Add News.
- There are three required fields denoted by the red * these are:
- News Title
- News Date
- News Expiration Date (on this date the news will move to the Archived tab). Note: if you do not wish for the news to ever move to the archive tab, enter a date far into the future.
- Optionally, you can check Do not show on homepage which would hide this specific news story from view on your team's website homepage.
- You can also upload files that will attach to the news entry by clicking Choose File button as shown below. These files should be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format. Once an image is added, the text will show the file name instead of "No file chosen."
- Compose a News description using the same text editor that is found throughout SwimOffice.
CAUTION: When writing a long document into this text editor for any part of your team website, we strongly suggest you create the information in an external text editor. Then copy and paste the text into this editor when ready. This editor does not save work as you create it and you risk losing your work by taking too long to compose the story and it logging you out.
- If you select Yes to the question Do you want to email this News NOW? and select ONLY to these Groups for Recipients, you may then choose which groups receive it via email.
- Click Save Changes.