There are instances when a club needs to have two separate bank accounts for the various fees charged and payments made. TeamUnify offers “double bucket billing” for this. This involves setting up two merchant accounts with your payment gateway merchant, so this means you must also have electronic payment processing which allows people to save their credit cards or bank account info in the system and it will automatically charge them on the 1st of any given month. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about setting this up.
What double bucket billing allows is for you to associate all chart of accounts with one of two bank accounts. Credit card payments will automatically deposit the payments into the proper banks (so it will potentially charge the same card twice--once for charges associated with one bank, and again for different charges associated with a second bank). For those who pay by check you can specify to which bank account a payment goes. This greatly reduces hassle because once you define to which bank account certain funds go, it simply happens automatically for auto payments.
Once activated, you must first designate which chart of accounts connect to which bank account.
- Go to Billing Admin > Billing Setup > CoA Setup
- Click Add New to add a new account (note existing CoAs cannot be changed to a different bank account)
- Fill in the data
- Chart of Account: the name you want (for QuickBooks it must match EXACTLY the QB CoA name)
- Bank: choose Default Bank Account or Secondary Bank Account
- Charge Type: always choose “Normal Charge/Discount”
- Go to Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments
- Search for the desired account(s)
- Check the box(es) next to desired account(s)
- Click New Charge
- Fill in the data
- For “Deposit to” click drop down and select Default Bank or Secondary Bank
- Save New Payment
Here are other places it’s used.
- Inc & Pay Sum, Inc Trans Rpt, Inv Rpt, and Payment Sum reports all allow you to choose for which bank to show amounts and totals.
- CoA Sum report shows figures for both banks.
- For registrations, in the first Fees Setup screen under Accepted Payment Method(s) you can select to which bank account payments get deposited. Note the label above the bank drop down: “Only one Bank (Merchant Account) can be used to charge Credit Cards for this Registration.”
- For TUMoney, when you set up an event, the Accounting section allows you to choose which CoA to use for donations and processing fees.
- In Lessons Setup (Team Admin > Lesson Admin, click Edit), you can define to which bank credit card deposits are made. This is global; you cannot have some classes/fees go to one bank and other classes go to the other.
CoA Sum -- Chart of Accounts report