Admin Level - Webmaster
Note: This article is for new CMS users. For Chameleon users, read Add News article - Chameleon.
To add a News article,
- In the side menu click Team Tools > News.
- Click + Add News.
- Fill in the title, date, and expiration date (when this article will get moved to the Archived tab). Note: if you do not want the article to ever move to the Archived tab, leave the News Expiration blank.
- Optionally, set Show on homepage to NO to hide this specific news story from the home page.
- We encourage you to upload at least one image (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif format) to add interest. Either drag and drop images onto the News Photos box, or click inside the box to then select up to five images.
- Images should be at least 700 pixels wide, any aspect ratio.
- Thumbnails in the News section of the home page display as follows:
Business, Classic: 200x150 pixels, 4:3 aspect ratio
Clean, Minimal: 250x250 pixels, 1:1 aspect ratio
- You can also do the same thing with a Voice Note recorded in an audio file (.wav or .mp3 format).
- Use the text editor to compose the News Content.
CAUTION: When writing a long document into this text editor for any part of your team website, we strongly suggest you create the information in an external text editor. Then copy and paste the text into this editor when ready. This editor does not save work as you create it and you risk losing your work by taking too long to compose the story and it logging you out.
- If you check the Send News Emails box at the bottom and then change the Recipients dropdown to ONLY to these Groups, you may then choose which groups receive it via email and click Save. Note that only accounts will receive the email, not the members as well.
- Click Create.