What is the difference between cancelled/hidden and suspended and waiting for approval?
Best practice by TeamUnify for your Members
- Cancelled/Hidden - Use this status when the athlete has left the team. A good example is a high school graduate when you still want to maintain all of their times and information in the system. This athlete will not show up in any search unless you manually select to show this status in your filter. This is an important designator if this athlete is a record holder. In order for times to be present in your site, the athlete must be in your database. Once deleted, all times will disconnect and not be available until you add the athlete into your database again.
- Suspended - Use this status when the athlete will be returning to the team. A good example is a high school athlete that is leaving for the season. They will not be viewable in your meet entries or other exports unless you set the filter to show this status.
- Waiting for Approval - Use this status during the registration procedure. Set your athlete(s) to waiting for approval until they have been registered. At this time, you would approve them into the team and set them to active. They will not show up in any searches within SwimOffice unless you set the filter to show this status.
Best practice by TeamUnify for your Accounts (REMEMBER only ACTIVE accounts can login to SwimOffice but all statuses can use the online registration system)
- Cancelled/Hidden - Use this status when the Account and all athletes under this account have left the team. You cannot delete an account if they have any financial records on their account. If they do not but your billing system is ON, once they have gone through one monthly billing cycle, the system considered this account to have financial data.
- Suspended - Use this status when the Account will be returning to the team. They will not be viewable unless you set the filter to show this status.
- Waiting for Approval - This status is not suggested as a best practice for accounts. If you are doing online registration at the start of your season, we suggest leaving the accounts as active and members as waiting for approval. However, brand new accounts who go through Online Registration will initially be created with this status until you approve them and set their status to active.