Admin Level - Super User
When you need to refund a donation from the TUMoney fundraising system you have to use the billing system to track it accurately in your financials. This is a 3 step process.
Step 1: If it was a credit card donation, login to your merchant gateway and refund the desired amount
- Log in to your account at https://secure.nmi.com and follow the instructions for refunding.
- Process the refund and SAVE YOUR TRANSACTION ID # to enter into your TU SwimOffice website.
Step 2: Update the Billing System in SwimOffice
- Go to Invoices & Payments.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Invoices & Payments.
- Search for the account to which the donor donated.
- Click [History] under the Acct Balance column.
- Enter the donation date range for "Beginning Date" and "End Date" and click Search.
- Scroll down to find the donation transaction under Invoice Items.
- Leave this Account Invoice History tab or window open and switch back to the Billing Overview browser tab.
- Click view under the Acct Balance column.
- Click New Credit.
- Enter the Credit Description (perhaps Donation refund).
- Select the correct chart of account (you can switch back to the Account Invoice History tab to see the CoA used for the donation).
- Enter the Amount to Credit as a negative number such as -100.00.
- Click Save Credit.
- You will need to repeat these steps if there is a TU processing fee for $3.95 and you want to refund that too.
- Click New Refund Credit Balance.
- Select Payment Type -Refund-
- Enter the New Refund Amount as a negative number such as -100.00.
- Enter a Check # or Reference such as Cash or CC.
- Enter a Memo (perhaps "Donation refund, transaction ID XXXXXXXXXX" from your merchant gateway if it was a CC refund).
- Click Save New Refund.
- Click Done.
- You may now close the "Account Invoice History" tab.
- If it was a non-CC donation you will need to give the actual money back to the donor in the method of your choice, such as writing them a check.
- Go to Event Fundraising Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click TUMoney > Event Fundraising Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Event Fundraising Admin.
- Click the Results tab.
- Click the desired donation.
- If you are refunding the complete donation click the Delete Donation.
- If you refunded part of the amount donated update the "Amount to donate" to the correct amount.
- Click Save Changes.