Restricted scoring is useful if you have teams that are not comparable in size. It ensures that the larger teams do not score all of the points by limiting any team to a certain number of scorers in each event. When set to None (the default), scoring happens as normal. A swimmer in 1st place will receive 1st place, regardless of what team they are on, 2nd will receive 2nd, and so on.
Suppose the host limits the number of individuals per team to four, there are two teams, and only places 1-5 are scored. Furthermore, suppose the swimmers on team A score 1st-4th place and a swimmer on team B scores 5th.
- Click Score in the menu.
- Select from the last three options in the Restricted Scoring box:
- No Move Ups — Restrictions are enforced per team; athletes on other teams will not move up into restricted scoring places. In the above scenario the swimmers on team A will only score 1st-3rd place, the 4th place swimmer is dropped out of scoring, and the swimmer on team B scores 5th.
- Move Up Points Only — Athletes on other teams move up and receive the points that restricted teams would have received; places remain in finish order. In the above scenario the swimmer on team B receives the points for 4th place but stays in 5th place.
- Move Up Points and Places — Athletes on other teams move up and receive the points and places that restricted teams would have received. In the above scenario the swimmer on team B moves up to 4th place AND receives the points for 4th place.
- Enter how many individuals and relays per team may score. Once each number is reached by a team, the other teams will replace those athletes that may have scored if restricted scoring was off.
- If you check Only 1st place if one team entered and only one team of two or more enters an event, that team only get points for 1st place to prevent them from dominating the other team(s).
- If you click Edit, it will revert Restricted Scoring to None.
- Click Score/Preview/Print.